Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What I Learned Today

I started using the Lightning calendar add-on with the Thunderbird email client a few weeks ago, and have been wondering what the "CW" stood for in its date display.

Country Western?
Conventional Wisdom?

Used Google search and after going through a few search terms that either gave me too much or too little, I used "calendar CW lightning," which turned up this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/discussions/comments.php?DiscussionID=7662&page=1#Item_0

Ah, "Current Week!"

... and today's rant...

If I had time, I'd love to work on the Thunderbird text editor. I've gotten to the point where (if I'm going to use any formatting) I just compose my emails in Word, paste them into Thunderbird and then clean up as necessary. I do this because I have not yet been able to figure out how Thunderbird stores its formatting, and I can't find any way to make the "markup" visible. Is this because Thunderbird uses some low-grade Microsoft editing control, or some other reason? (Not that the editor in OutLook Express, or whatever its current name is, is much better...)

No comments: