Monday, May 25, 2009

Time to stop trusting Google Spreadsheets?

Somehow Google Spreadsheets lost the most recent version of one of my documents. I had edited it (and actually printed it out). When I went back, however, my changes were gone.

I cleared my Firefox cache and restarted my machine, but still didn't get the version that matched my printed version.

I had shared it with someone, so maybe there's a bug somewhere in their sharing code.

Autosave is a nice feature, EXCEPT when it doesn't work. At least I lost less than an hour of work.

I don't think it's a virus or other malware, because I run reasonably heavy security on both my machine and my router.

How about giving us a "Save" button, Google folks?

... a few minutes later..

It looks like a display problem. I can see some of the old documents in the revision history, but they (Firefox? Google?) won't display my changes.

No comments: